Brushes seem to really divide the everyday beauty lovers. While I know women who wouldn't blink an eye at dropping a hundred (or two) on a single brush, others couldn't care less. My personal philosophy on the subject?
80% function, 20% fun.
For my everyday makeup routine however, it's really about a set of muti-tasking, fool proof tools that can take a beating and still give me great results in a flash. Whatever I decide to do, they are ready to deliver results. I've been told that I have somewhat unconventional taste in brushes, so let's compare!
- REAL TECHNIQUES | Expert Face Brush
- MAC | #130 Brush
- POSH | Travel Blush Brush (discontinued)
- ROYAL & LANGNICKEL | Complexion C185 Brush
- POSH | Powder Brush (discontinued)
- ROYAL & LANGNICKEL | Domed Powder Brush
- ROYAL & LANGNICKEL | Sponge Tip Applicator
- LISE WATIER | Eyeshadow Brush
- LISE WATIER | Definition Brush
- LISE WATIER | Structure Eye Contour Brush
- CROWN | Small Round Contour (C149)
At the end of the day though, how well your makeup looks isn't solely dependent on your brushes. I've seen plenty of great makeup done with minimal tools and equally as many you-really-shouldn't-leave-the-house-like-this looks done with an entire brush belt. And all this can vary depending on the which parts of the face we're considering; face brushes are easily crowd pleasers but eye brushes for example are especially personal. Which brush shapes do you find easiest to work with? Fill me in!
Blend. Blend. Blend.